Himalayan Salt Sole
What is Sole?
Sole (pronounced Solay) is essentially water that has been fully saturated with a natural salt. This isn’t just a small amount of salt dissolved in water, but rather water that has absorbed as much natural salt as it is able and will not absorb any more. The term Sole comes from the Latin “Sol” meaning Sun.
We’ve been told for years that salt can be harmful, so the idea of drinking salt water may sound eccentric, but it turns out that this concentrated salt solution can have a variety of health-supporting uses. Some of the benefits are:
- Helps Hydration– The body naturally repairs and detoxifies during sleep, but in doing so, it uses up a good amount of water. This is why we are often more thirsty in the morning. Consuming a salt solution like Sole helps the body re-hydrate.
- Helps the Body Detoxify– The minerals in Sole make it useful in the natural detoxification that the body already does. Sole is naturally anti-bacterial and can help remove bad bacteria in the body.
- Boosts Energy– The minerals and stored energy in Sole help boost energy throughout the day.
- Improving Digestion
- Improving blood sugar
- A Natural Anti-histamine
- Helps with Muscle Cramps
- Bone Health
- Healthy Veins
- Blood Pressure– Contrary to what we often hear, many people notice a reduction in blood pressure from using Sole.
- Weight Loss– By improving digestion and nourishing the body on a cellular level, Sole can help promote weight loss.
- Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails
It is interesting to note that the conventional treatment for many of the above problems includes removing excess salt/sodium from the diet. While table salt could certainly have a negative effect and is best avoided, natural salt contains over 84 minerals and is incredibly nourishing for the body.
Even better, Sole is a very inexpensive addition to a healthy diet and lifestyle and it is incredibly easy to make.
How to Make Sole
The only ingredients are salt and water so the recipe is really simple. You’ll also need a glass jar with a plastic or non-metal lid.
Here’s what to do…
- A Glass Jar
- a plastic or non-metal lid
- 1-2 cups of Himalayan Salt.
- Filtered water
- Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way with Himalayan Salt.
- Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Put on the plastic lid and shake the jar gently.
- Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt dissolve.
- The next day, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the
- Sole is ready to use.
- If all of the salt is absorbed, add more salt and continue doing so each day until some remains. This means that the water is fully saturated with the salt.
How to Use Sole
Make the mixture as above and store at room temp. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. More water and salt can be added as needed to keep up the amount in the jar.
To drink, add 1 tsp to a glass of water each morning before eating or drinking anything else. Do not add more, especially starting off! If this causes a detox reaction or headache, work up slowly.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO AVOID USING METAL UTENSILS OR A METAL LID?
The reason for [not using metal lids/utensils with sole] is that salt when mixed with water can (and will) oxidize metals. It is the same reason that salt on the roads will rust your car. Dry salt can sit on dry metal without it causing a chemical reaction – however when you add water to the equation everything changes and the chemical and physical reactions start to take place. When this happens it can release other metals and chemicals into the salt water as the metal lid (or metal spoon) starts to corrode. Even if they are stainless steel or other non-corrosive metals that won’t rust in theory, they can still react to the salt water.
Now that said, using a metal spoon to scoop water out a little water or to quickly stir the solution probably won’t be in contact with the salt water to start the reaction, so I would not worry too much about that few seconds. I do that myself without worry. Leaving the metal spoon in the salt water, or using metal canning jar lid that is in contact with the salt water for longer periods really increases the potential of having oxidization and corrosion issues by drawing chemicals/metals/elements out of the metal and into the water.
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Q&A Supply, L.L.C. or its sister concern companies are not responsible for any misuse of Himalayan Salt Product or responsible of the above stated benefits.
HIMALAYAN COARSE PINK EDIBLE SALT
The Himalayan COARSE Pink Salt offered by Q&A Himalayan Salt is “Gourmet Food Grade,” the highest quality of Himalayan salt available. It is used by holistic chefs, spas, health professionals, and individuals for its range of nutritional and therapeutic properties.LEARN MORE SHOP NOW